Automatically mount and dismount USB sticks on various devices like the Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10. The Nexus 4 is not supported – this is an issue with the device, not with StickMount !
!!! REQUIRES ROOT !!!
Various Nexus and “stock Android” devices do not automatically “mount” mass storage devices (such as USB sticks). StickMount has been made to solve this problem, and give you access to the files on your USB connected storage from all your apps.
StickMount is known to work on many devices, but is built *only* with *Nexus* devices in mind.
Once StickMount is installed and you connect a USB stick with a “USB host / OTG cable”, the device will show you a popup if you want to open StickMount. It is advised to tell the device that you want to do this by default.
If you have just installed StickMount and you already had a USB stick connected, you must manually launch the program, or disconnect/reconnect the USB stick for StickMount to start working.
Mass storage devices are mounted to “/sdcard/usbStorage/xxxx/”.
What’s in this version:
- Adjustment to NTFS mounting
- UTF-8 mount adjustment (now enabled by default for new users)
- Changed (un)mounting strategy to repetitive scan
- Rearranged preference order
- Adjusted partition detection
- Reworked notification (Jelly Bean +)
- Toast notification no longer shown if turned off in preferences